Although oral accidents and injuries can easily damage your tooth enamel, it is often the hidden dangers of bacteria and plaque buildup that lead to failed enamel via dental erosion. It’s never too late to consider what dental erosion preventative treatments can do for you, including the following:
– Studies have demonstrated that saliva production in your mouth can lower your risk for dental erosion. To increase saliva, try chewing sugarless gum after meals, or use a mouthwash.
– When your teeth are corrupted by acidic ingredients, they are more susceptible to damage, even those arising from cleaning tools. As an added layer of defense, only use brushes with soft bristles.
– Dental erosion is often present in people with poor diets. Eating healthy and avoiding problematic ingredients such a sugar will drastically lower your risk of dental erosion.
– Sour foods and drinks have been shown to be nearly as acidic as battery acid. Thus, it would be smart to avoid sour sweets in the foreseeable future.
– Dental erosion hazards can be decreased by practicing simple oral health cleaning habits every day such as brushing your teeth twice daily and flossing once daily.
Dr. Robert Rebert at Robert Rebert, Jr., DDS wants to ensure your smile shines no matter what condition it is in. If you are thinking about getting a cleaner smile free of dental erosion, please contact our dentist office in Metairie, Louisiana, by calling us at 504-885-7510. Let us help you find your healthy smile!